Sunday 13 January 2013

OPI Mariah Carey Liquid Sand Review

When Caroline from Musings of a Beauty Addict Mum went on holiday to America for Christmas she kindly asked if there was anything I would like her to pick up for me.  I had seen quite a few swatches of these online so asked her to pick me up the mini set, these retail at approx $10 (£6) in America and £12.95 over here on Lena White so it was quite a saving! 
The mini set contains 4 shades L-R
Get Your Number
Can't Let Go
The Impossible
Stay The Night
Get Your Number - matte blue with holo glitter
Can't Let Go - matte purple with purple glitter
The Impossible - matte pink with pink glitter and stars
Stay The Night - matte black with red glitter 
These are two coats, no topcoat.
Consistency of all the polishes is really good, drying time average (although felt like a long time without the help of Seche Vite!)
The polishes are a lot more sparkly in real life, I thought that the glitters would be matte but its is the base that is matt not the glitter.
I thought the texture of the polishes would be quite rough but while you can feel they are slightly rough I wouldn't say its a much as a normal glitter.
I was disappointed that no stars come out of the bottle for the swatch of The Impossible!
These have one coat of Seche Vite, they probably need two coats to feel smooth.  
Caroline got me these as a Christmas present!
Wet n Wild palette in Petal Pusher
EOS balm in lemon drop

I can't wait to try the palette the shades are perfect for me.  I have read a lot of good things about Wet n Wild eyeshadows!
I love EOS balms, I currently have three on the go.  I'll open this one when the weather starts getting sunny as the SPF15 will come in very handy.

What do you think of these polishes?  Will you be buying them?







15 comments:

  1. You can't believe how much stuff is marked up over here! These look so odd, not sure I'm keen :(

    http://pretty-in-pink-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, more than double the price! They are so pretty in real life, really sparkly!

      Delete
  2. I think I like them without a top coat. Interesting texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I like them better without a topcoat too, they are meant to be worn without a topcoat and I think it makes them quite interesting :)

      Delete
  3. I saw an ad for these in US Cosmo and wasn't sure how I felt about them then - I think I prefer the traditional ones. I don't think I'll be picking these up but it's interesting x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of 'stay the night' plus with topcoat, it really stands out. x Gem (wwwblackstarrynight.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you like it all, everything Make Up wise seemed to be cheaper over there, could explain why I went over board ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay the Night is really pretty,.. well thay all are really but that's my favourite - if only they were cheaper here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh unusual! I think I love them!! So jealous of the Wet N Wild palette! Looks gorgeous!
    Xxx


    Www.thebeautybelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of the polishes, they're definitely something I'd try if I had any money left after all my January splurging! The blue shade in particular caught my eye xx

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great set, love all the colours! The lemon drop eos balm sounds lovely too x

    www.bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look of these polishes. This is the first swatches I've seen of them. I love my EOS balms!!

    M

    xx

    ReplyDelete