Sunday 24 February 2013

Glossybox February 2013

Hi everyone, hope you have all had a good weekend! 

I'm a but late posting this review but I wanted to share with you what I got in my Valentines box.  I don't have any beauty box subscriptions as I cancelled them all after Christmas but Glossybox had a promotional code to buy the February box and get a bestselling box from 2012 for free! Hubby treated me to these boxes for Valentines day along with the Urban decay Glinda palette (I will link the review when I post it). So spending ban is still intact!
I really like the design of this months box
Lovely hot pink ribbon and pink tissue - very pretty!
The new style "magazine"
It contains discount codes, information on the products in the box and a beautiful lip tutorial.
My first impression when I opened the box was one of disappointment, I had seen a lot of reviews on other box and unfortunately this was the box I was least excited about receiving. However that's the risk you take when ordering a Glossybox!
MeMeMe Fat Cat Volumising Mascara
This is a full size product and retails for £7.99 here
The mascara is described as having an extreme volumising formula.  I have quite a few unopened mascaras to get through but I do like to try new mascaras so even though my first impression wasn't great I will actually use this and I am looking forward to see if it really does have an extreme volumising formula!
Helen E Moisturising Lipstick in Caribbean
The second full size product in the box, this is 3.5g and retails for £8.00 here.
I wasn't sure if this would lean a bit brown which I find very unflattering on my skintone but actually it looks quite nice.  I wasn't sure if it would be like an "old lady" lipstick but it applies nicely and the colour got a thumbs up from hubby - although maybe he wasn't the best person to ask!
Micabella Cosmetics Blush Powder in Terracotta 
This is a 0.8g sample, full size is 9g and retails for a whopping £34.95 here, making the sample worth £3.11.
This is a small sample so it was hard to get the product out to swatch for you, hence the messy swatch on the next photo.  It will be nice in the summer but I think I will have to put it into a larger container as it is hard to use in this small pot.
Swatches of the Helen E Lipstick and Micabella Blush Powder
Narciso Rodriguez for her EDT
Sample size of 0.8ml, 30ml retails for £34.50 here making the sample worth 92p.
I have had this sample in a previous beauty box but the perfume smells lovely so I am happy to receive this in my box.
Voulez Vous Warming Body Oil in Bubblegum
This is a 10ml pouch, they are sold in packages of 6 various flavours for £20.  The sample is worth £3.33.
I won't link the website here as it is described as erotic and intimate cosmetics so not to everyones taste so to speak!
This has to be the weirdest item I have ever had in a beauty box!! The English translation on the back of the packet doesn't even make sense which makes the product seem a bit cheap and nasty! 
I definitely wouldn't class this as a beauty sample, maybe if they had included it in all the boxes as a valentines "treat" then I could understand but I wasn't happy to receive this as one of my samples.  Maybe it's because I'm pregnant!
A Glossybox heart lollipop!

I contacted Glossybox about the oil and they kindly sent me another item from this months box, I think they had a number of complaints about it being classed as a beauty sample!

This box is actually better than I thought from my first impressions, it's not very exciting but I will probably use most of the contents. 

Did you get this box? What did you think?






















No comments:

Post a Comment